The People’s Record Memorial Day Dedication
Veterans for Peace began in 1985 as an opposition group to Reagan’s wars in Central America. Now, veterans from wars in Korean, Vietnam, Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan, Bosnia, the Persian Gulf and others are mobilizing and taking a stance against all American wars.
The organization’s main objectives include exposing true costs of war, building a culture that supports peace and helping veterans heal from their participation in imperialist wars. They also work to disperse the tremendous amount of civilian lives that were lost during American occupations:
- Every single person would be dead in the former cities of Atlanta, Denver, Boston, Seattle, Milwaukee, Ft. Worth, Baltimore, San Francisco, Dallas and Philadelphia,.
- Every single person would be wounded in Vermont, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Nebraska, Nevada, Kansas, Mississippi, Iowa, Oregon, Colorado and South Carolina,.
- The entire populations of Ohio and New Jersey would be homeless, surviving with friends, relatives or under bridges as they can.
- The entire populations of Michigan, Indiana and Kentucky would have fled either to Canada or Mexico.
- In one year, 3,000 doctors would be kidnapped and800killed. (In short, there would be nobody available “out there” to come and save us.)
Click here for a complete list of The People’s Record’s Memorial Day dedications.