Families of slain protesters more determined than ever to stop construction of gold and copper mine.
Funerals have been held in Peru for protesters killed during demonstrations against a new gold and copper mine.
Although the government still wants to press ahead with the project in the Cayamarca region, the families of the dead seem more determined than ever to stop construction.
Al Jazeera’s Mariana Sanchez reports from Celendin, Peru.
- silas216 reblogged this from thepeoplesrecord
- silas216 likes this
- eclecticdreamweaver likes this
- seaachange likes this
- pfowolf likes this
- bakethatlinguist likes this
- questionall reblogged this from thepeoplesrecord
- questionall likes this
- rafastarisativa reblogged this from thepeoplesrecord
- fromstarstostarfish likes this
- valterbenyamin reblogged this from thepeoplesrecord
- thepeoplesrecord reblogged this from existentialistmumbojumbo
- thepeoplesrecord likes this
- existentialistmumbojumbo posted this