At first I replied, but then I realized I’d rather reblog so I can say more!
Looking at the photo’s of Montreal at 100 days, Tokyo for noNukes, Mexico after the bought election, continued strength of the Indignatos in Spain, the empowered youth of Chile.
Then I think of America, and how disappointing it is were not doing that.
As this blog tries to cover protest news from social movements around the world, I think about that very often.
But America is at the heart of the empire, arguably America is even the totality of the empire, but I think that’s a bit too nationalistic of a perspective because power structures in the west are larger and broader than just America.
At the very least though, America is the military force of the empire, and we house many of the greatest hoarders of wealth in the world. We’ll be the last to catch fire in a serious way because once we do, we can create an incredible challenge for and pose a huge threat to the dominant class in society. I guess for that reason, although I’m always disappointed with America, I would have to say that right now I’m more hopeful than anything else.
- newsandtrade likes this
- laughlikea reblogged this from thepeoplesrecord
- thefunkydrummer reblogged this from thepeoplesrecord and added:
- claudevorilhon reblogged this from thepeoplesrecord and added:
- dreamingdiametrically likes this
- peaceandphilosophy reblogged this from thepeoplesrecord and added:
- vandalsandvagabonds likes this
- thedrexfiles reblogged this from thepeoplesrecord
- goldenplatform likes this
- babyperez likes this
- thepeoplesrecord said: We’re the military force of the empire, and we house many of the greatest hoarders of wealth in the world. We’ll be the last to catch fire in a serious way because once we do, it’s over for today’s Western power structures. Yay! <3
- thepeoplesrecord likes this