Direct Action events: The People’s Record goes to NYC
As a part of our larger project of documenting the North American activist community, we will cover various events in the New York City area in the next few weeks. We will be in the city from Sept. 13 to 23 then again on Oct. 6.
We need all the bodies we can have in the streets to really send out a clear message that Wall Street corruption, racist NYPD policies, mass incarceration, Zionist occupation & destructive fracking practices are no longer acceptable & that we the people will fight back.
If you have any suggestions for events, people to speak to, places to go, etc. just message us. FB events & more event details are linked. We hope to see some of our readers out at these events!
- Blow the Whistle on Stop & Frisk: September 13, 4 p.m. at 1 Police Plaza
- The Fight Against Mass Incarceration with Angela Davis, Cornel West, Michelle Alexander, Jazz Hayden & others: September 14, 7 p.m. at 91 Claremont Ave. Tickets required
- #S15 Anticapitalist March: September 15, 5 p.m. at 59th Street and 5th Avenue
- #S16 Autonomous FTP March: September 16, 8 p.m. at 91st Street Ruppert Park
- #S17 People’s Picket on Wall Street/ OWS One-Year Anniversary: September 17, 8 a.m. at Zuccotti Park
- Global Frackdown, Yes to Renewables!: September 22, 3 p.m. at 1047 Amsterdam Ave.
- Alexander Cockburn Memorial with Noam Chomsky, Tariq Ali: September 22 at 51 North 1st Street
- Russell Tribunal on Palestine with Noam Chomsky, Alice Walker & Angela Davis: October 6, 7. Tickets required.
- Stop “Stop & Frisk”: October 6, 3 p.m. at 110th Street & 5th Ave.