This is an archive of our posts relevant to wikileaks and Julian Assange starting in late May and moving forward. If you haven’t been following the case so far, I suggest starting with the *fact sheets put together and tweeted by Christine Assange (tweet her @AssangeC).
Things we’ve written on the subject:
News we’ve posted about Wikileaks, Breanna Manning and Julian Assange:
- July 5 - Wikileaks releases massive Syria leaks
- July 4 - Assange isn’t turning himself over to the police until Ecuador reaches a decision
- June 27 - More important details about the United States and Sweden’s history of indefinite detainment.
- June 25 - Another good interview with Christine Assange with the BBC.
- June 25 - Small victory for Breanna Manning team.
- June 24 - Breanna Manning supports march in pride parade in San Fransisco.
- June 22 - Obama’s war on whisleblowers
- June 21 - Wikileaks fights back against unlawful, wrong financial blockades and Julian Assange conducts first interview from the Ecuadorian embassy.
- June 20 - Julian Assange’s right to political asylum
- June 19 - Australian attorney issues declaration of abandonment and Julian Assange seeks asylum in Ecuador.
- June 16 - UK Supreme Court on Assange Appeal and more on the appeal
- June 7 - Breanna Manning lawyers struggle to have documents released
- June 6 - Assange gets surprise chance to fight another day
- June 5 - Assange guests targeted by FBI and this day in wikileaks
- June 4 - Wikileaks exposes Monsanto!
- May 30 - Assange to be extradited to Sweden. Also, coordinated protests in support of Assange are planned around the world. Here’s one in London.
- May 29 - Breanna Manning has been in prison for two years as of today.
- May 28 -Breanna Manning lawyers charge U.S. Army with withholding evidence.
Coming this week in our Wikileaks series:
- International context & why the cables are so important.
- Breanna Manning, Adrian Lamo, and Assange, what are the alleged facts of the case that the United States is compiling against Assange? How can we look at Breanna Manning as an indication of what the U.S. will do to Assange?
- Christine Assange interview: pt. 2 interview
- Timeline of Assange&Wikileaks events
- The media assassination of Julian Assange